Let's Connect

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Positively Tree Faces (9+)

We Are All Connected
Have you ever walked by a tree and could have sworn that the tree positively had faces?  Well, I have.  I see eyes where branches used to be. I see faces where bark once held fast.  I see faces everywhere.  Weird or just creative? 
Today's faces total more than 29, but I would not say the challenge has been accomplished. I still have lots to learn and explore. 

The artist's style that inspired me was Daphne Odjig.  She is a Canadian born First Nations' artist.  Daphne Odjig as been awarded the Governor General's Laureate of Visual and Media Arts (Canada's highest honour in the field of visual arts). She currently lives in Penticton, British Columbia. I love how her subjects flow from one to another, twisting and turning, becoming one beautiful composition.  The idea that everything is connected and effects each other is very much part of the First Nations' culture and my personal belief.


I created the trees from humans to show the connection between the two, we need trees and trees need us!  The medium used was watercolour pencils and fine tipped black markers. 



Next time you walk by a tree, absolutely, positively stop to find the faces in the tree.  You may be surprised to see one wink at you and smile!










The original art is soul property of Renee Dowling.
Please contact her if you would like to use her images in any way.

Comments

  1. What a wonderful idea! I love your tree-faces! Next time I'll be looking at trees a little differently ;-) Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, and thanks for becoming a follower. x, denthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your comments! Thanks! Each person's blog that I visit encourages me to try new things. Tonight I tried your idea of drawing faces with one continuous line. That is so much fun and challenging! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant idea for catching up with the challenge. And I know what you mean about seeing faces in trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have a unique style that is all yours. You really make your faces with distinct personalities!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving comments, they warm my Canadian heArt!

Popular Posts